Do you have questions on how to use Samooha’s GOOMI application or have an issue?
Please check the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) here first before you write to or call us and wait for response. You may instantly find answers to your questions here.
Help! I don't know how to create this document / transaction!
Samooha have made available many resources online on our Technical Library. User can find manuals, videos, articles, and flowcharts to help them use the GOOMI application. Click on the Help button on the top left corner of each document / transaction view.
Samooha also provides training courses for our users, from general company users, to in-depth training sessions for administrator and accountants.
For any queries, please contact us at:
Tel: +65 6702 3400
What are the differences between Drafted, Confirmed, Approved, and Posted document status?
Document created within a structured organization have different status to indicate the state it is in.
In GOOMI, there are 4 common status for documents:
- Drafted: all newly created documents start with Drafted status. User can edit the content of the document until it is confirmed.
- Confirmed: the document content have been completed. It is now waiting for approval / posting.
- Approved: the document has been approved by the approving authority.
- Posted: the document has been reviewed and posted to the accounts / inventory to update the accounting entries / inventory records.
Why can't I click the save button after I filled up transaction document information?
Please ensure that you have filled up all mandatory information, marked with a red text field and / or red cross (x) at the bottom left of the text field.
Some transaction document may requires user to enter description. Try enter a simple description.
Some actions may have triggered the save function, for example when user added a product line by pressing ENTER or click button
I don't see the changes I made to a document after saving it, is it not saved?
Please try any of the following to refresh the document:
1. Click or “Refresh” button on top of the screen
2. Click on the element (document view / textfield / list) and press F5 button to refresh the content
3. Close the document view and reopen it
4. Close GOOMI application, reopen the application and login
I can't find a document, it's missing?!
I can't find a journal entry / there is a missing journal entry
When is a product's stock inventory status is "Reserved"?
- For FEFO Picking Method, after Sales Order document containing the product is confirmed. When the product is picked (Picking document is Posted), the status will change to “Staging”
- For FIFO Picking Method, after Picking process containing the product is confirmed. When the product is picked (Picking document is Posted), the status will change to “Staging”
- After Debit Note document (with inventory movement) containing the product is confirmed. When the product is picked (Picking document is Posted), the status will change to “Staging”
- For Point-of-Sale (Cash Register), after POS is Closed containing the product (POS tickets are Confirmed). When the consolidated Point Of Sale document is Posted, the product will be removed from inventory (sales completed)
When is a product's stock inventory status is "In-Transit"?
Product’s stock inventory status is “In-Transit” when:
- Purchase Invoice, containing the product, has been posted but Goods has not been received yet
- Credit Note has been posted (Customer is credited for the return product) but the product that Customer Return has not been received yet
Why do I get "(Reference Number Already Use)" error message while posting for Non Trade Invoice & Debit Note documents?
The reference number in purchase documents can not be used twice with a single vendor account. This would mean, for the same vendor invoice, the document is being created/posted twice.
If the reference number is suffixed with an additional character (Like, A, B C….), then posting should work as usual.
Why I cannot delete a Non Trade Invoice document?
Check if the following 2 conditions were fulfilled:
- The document status is drafted
- User have access to delete Non Trade Invoice document
For Non Trade Invoice document that was generated by Expense Requisition (Purchase module), user will need to undo posting of the source Expense Requisition document to delete the corresponding Non Trade Invoice document.
I cannot post a document, system prompted message 'The fiscal period for the selected document date has been closed!'
Accounts will need to open the fiscal period of the document date to allow posting of documents / transactions.
Use “Accounts (Masters) – Fiscal Calendar” to open / update the fiscal period.
I cannot post a document, system prompted message 'The currency exchange rate are not updated for this period! Please update the exchange rates in the currency master.'
Accounts will need to update currencies exchange rates for the specific period (that covers the document’s date) to allow posting of documents / transactions that use other currencies than the base currencies.
Use “Accounts (Masters) – Currencies” to update the currencies exchange rates.
Why the data I tried to export to csv file seems to be incomplete / less than what I have?
Samooha list view export only data shown / filtered in the list user interface view. If use has entered any filter or search keyword(s), user will only be able to export the listed lines.
For example: user entered “Sasa” keyword in the search engine filter, the exported file will only contain the results of the filtered list view
Samooha list view also has filter by page (pagination feature). If user would like to export ALL data, user will need to disable the pagination feature first. Right-click on the numbers at the bottom right to disable the pagination feature.
Note: Please be advised that if user have thousands of records to export, it may take a while to write the data into csv file. During the data export processing, both Samooha application and the csv file may not be accessible.
Why I can't find the customer(s) I want to assign for my Sales Price List / Trading Terms?
First of all, ensure that the customer record is confirmed / not closed.
Customer record has 2 settings that define its Sales Price List / Trading Terms usage:
- Checkbox: Price Includes tax
When this checkbox is ticked, the customer will only be shown in “Customers List” of the Sales Price List & Trading Terms that includes tax. Otherwise it will be shown in “Customers List” of the Sales Price List & Trading Terms that excludes tax
- Price List Type: “Price List” or “Trading Terms”
When “Price List” is chosen, the customer will only be shown in “Customers List” of the Sales Price List.
If “Trading Terms” is chosen, the customer will only be shown in “Customers List” of the Trading Terms.
Why I can only see ticket history from one cash register counter? How to view all / other cash register counters' ticket history
If user’s computer was assigned to a Cash Register, user will only able to view Ticket History from the assigned Cash Register.
To view all Cash Registers Ticket History, user will need to un-assigned their computer from being linked with any of the Cash Register. Follow the following steps to do so:
- Open POS (Masters) Cash Register
- Select the Cash Register then click “Show Details” button
- Check if the same value in “Assigned Mac Address” and “System Mac Address”. If so click “Clear Address” button. This will allow user to view ALL Cash Register tickets in Ticket History.